Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pop Music in Rwanda


Despite my mother’s best efforts, I am not a musician. So I will spare you a useless and inaccurate analysis of Rwandan music and let you come to your own conclusions. Below, one of my favorite Rwandan pop songs at the moment. Hopefully I will post my own videos of traditional song and dance in the future.
Shout outs to the lovely Jesse Hyman and my wonderful sister Cristina, who I know will feel moved to dance to Rwandan music at the next Hyman Christmas party while everyone else laughs hysterically. 


Also heard on the radio (very often): Bob Marley, Enrique Iglesias, Backstreet Boys and, of course, Africa’s favorite-- Celine Dion.  

1 comment:

  1. AHHH! lol I lived in Rwanda for some 4 months last semester& heard this song aaaaaall the time ^ ^

    I have been considering the Peace corps for the past year but I am getting some serious heat from my parents which is making me a bit hesitant. It's an experience I want to have. A MUST have, almost.

    ReplyDelete