Sunday, August 5, 2012

Burn

WARNING: Below are graphic images of my burnt fingers that might upset you, Mama.

Those of you who know me are well aware of my tendency towards accidents. Well, here's another to add to the long list...

It was a Sunday evening and I was relaxing in my house, reading a book by candlelight, waiting for the beans to finish cooking. I walked outside to check on the charcoal stove, and when I looked up towards my house, I saw fire.

I ran into my house and found the kitchen window curtain in flames. The wind hand blown the curtain into the lit candle sitting on the table right next to the window.

I looked at the burning curtain. I looked at the 30 liter jug of water and empty basin on the floor. I looked at my computer and iTouch sitting on the table, right underneath the fire. I grabbed the burning curtain with my hands and tried to throw it into the empty basin. In case you're wondering, materials that are on fire stick to your skin quickly.

3 days after the accident
10 days after the accident--I went to the doctor and removed the dead skin
Burn marks from the fire

No comments:

Post a Comment