Sunday, November 21, 2010

Emails, Letters, Packages!


So here’s the deal with sending me stuff: you are welcome and encouraged to do so! My mailing address is on my facebook page and also available through any of my family members. I really, really love receiving letters. It makes my day. Please send me letters! Even emails are great!
Packages are a little trickier. They can be expensive for you, and are also expensive for me since the post office here charges you to pick up packages. The post office in Niamey also opens all packages, and sometimes the postal workers help themselves to the contents. So far they seem to really like my cliff bars… If you are sending me anything valuable it’s a good idea to put it in a Tampon box. 
I don’t need anything. If you would like to send a package, things I enjoy receiving include:
Newspaper articles; Pictures; Any and all dried fruits; Peanut M&Ms; Candy (but no chocolate bars please, they melt); Protein/Nutrient Bars; Construction Paper/Pens/Markers/Blow up balls/Card games/Puzzles and anything else you think kids between 2-11 yrs and I might enjoy doing together; Soft Toilet Paper; Music; Crossword Puzzles/Sudoku; Books… an AC unit.
But in all seriousness, letters are great and make my day. If you want to include interesting news articles with your letters that would also make me very happy, I very much miss the New York Times. Also please send me pictures! I love looking at them and the Nigerien kids love them even more.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment