Saturday, February 12, 2011

WELCOME TO MY COUNTRY: Land of 1,000 Hills and Eternal Spring


On February 6th, after 30 hours of travel in four countries, two continent, and three airlines, I arrived safely to Kigali, Rwanda, where the plan is for me to serve my two years as a Peace Corps Volunteer in the health sector.
As soon as I walked into the airport I saw a huge sign in English: “WELCOME TO MY COUNTRY”. The advertisement was for a beer company. Clearly, I am no longer in Niger.  
For now, all I can say is this country is beautiful. Everywhere I look it's green, green, green. I see why they call it land of 1,000 hills and also eternal Spring. 
Stay tuned for updates… 

**Special thanks to Daniela for naming my blog (again).  

3 comments:

  1. Ya! I'm so happy you arrived safely! Passport stamp per airport or no? I love that the chocolate pudding made the blog. Address in Rwanda perty pleaseeee :) miss ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that new name is totally Daniela.
    Glad you are safe-- and now you have more internet yayyy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alma, reading your blog never fails to make me laugh and appreciate your journey. I can't wait to visit you in Rwanda and travel together at some point. Let me know when I should come! (Advance notice makes planning much easier, just saying. :-))

    ReplyDelete