Saturday, October 6, 2012

G is for GLOW



The November 2011 GLOW & BE Camps in my district acted as a catalyst for the youth group I help facilitate at the local secondary school. The students named the group “Icyizero” meaning hope. We have general body meetings once a week, and the executive committee meets an additional hour per week to plan the next session.


To Peace Corps Volunteers worldwide, regardless of your sector, I highly recommend getting involved with youth. The energy and determination I see coming from the students during our club sessions makes up for all the other problems I face in my primary assignment at the health center. The students glow!  





At this year's Rwanda Southern Province GLOW & BE Camps, we had talent shows. Peace Corps Volunteers joined forces to present what can only be described as YouTube's next viral sensation-- 



No comments:

Post a Comment